Saturday, September 5, 2009

The luck o' the irish

I suppose that's the right thing to title this post, as there isn't any OTHER kind of luck I may possibly have.

So last night at about midnight, I sent an application into a Best Buy using their online form. Pretty routine for me now, a soon to be unemployed socially active teenager. I wasn't expecting to hear from them at all, let alone as soon as they did.

Flash forward to 2 this afternoon, and I get a voicemail. Lo and behold, it's a rather nice gent named Matt from, Yes ladies and gentleman, you guessed it! Best Buy! More specifically, Best Buy's Geek Squad. He'd like me to call him about setting up an interview.

So, I call and they ask if I can come in for an interview... Earlier tonight...

Perplexed as I was, I'm not going to turn down the opportunity to get a job just because of short notice on the interview. So at 7PM, I sat down with Matt, and was almost immediately rushed through to my second interview.

I say almost immediately because he actually went walking around the store to find the assistant manager for the store, the person I was to have my second interview with, to see if he was available to do the interview NOW. Unfortunately he was busy dealing with a secondary matter of greater importance, so I shook Matt's hand and ended the interview with a "Thank you for your time, I hope to see you again in the future"

No comments: