Monday, January 11, 2010

A magical feeling

Today’s been phantastic. For some reason the entire day has me in a state of zen. I’m very calm, very collected, and more than happy to just stare into space and think and reflect upon the world, and my world, for as long as I see fit. I’m happy again. Happy with my entire life, the things I’m doing, the people I know, and the places I am.

Tonight I spent a good three hours in a coffee shop, drinking coffee and just thinking. My friends were there, sure, but we were all off in our own little world. This little coffee shop changes the mood of the day greatly. It’s a wonderful atmosphere that’s genuinely good natured.

All types of people go there, but they’re almost always really good people, with great intentions and interesting backgrounds. It’s a meeting place for kindred spirits in a way.

Definitely a good place to feel at peace with one’s self, and they’re the kind of people that will appreciate your mood and build off of it in their own ways.

I don’t really know what about today makes it any better than any other day, except for the fact that this afternoon was mild. A little warm, very sunny. Warm enough I could drive with my window down and not get chills.

I think it may also have been the fact that I’m feeling very appreciated at work. I’m getting lots of positive feedback about my actions, honest feedback, and great customer response. It’s fulfilling knowing that I’m making a great deal of people happy on a daily basis.

I try to be a boulder in a lake, compared to the pebbles most people aim for, and I can definitely feel things coming back around to me today.

Let the happiness in. It won’t bite, it just tickles a little bit.

No comments: