Saturday, April 19, 2008

Exciting... randomly.

Well, so many things to blog about this weekend so far. Let's start with the bad news, then move to the good news, then to bad news again.

The bad news: My computer died again. It hung this morning(afternoon) when I moved the mouse to bring the monitors back. I hit the button to restart it, and it entered the endless loop of bluescreens. I tried a repair install, no dice. It got to the reinstalling drivers part, asked me to install mouse and keyboard drivers... after uninstalling the mouse and keyboard drivers. FUN!

At least I got that back up today. Everything's installed again sans games. I'm going to try to avoid playing games and get some schoolwork done. Only less than a year behind... not SO bad.

Yesterday I managed to get to Best Buy with my pay and got myself a digital camera. I ended up with a Canon PowerShot SD570. Has a nice big screen, nearly instant save time, and accepts SD cards for storage. At 7.1 megapixels, I think it will do the job nicely.

Oh, yeah, that last little tidbit of bad news? My grandmother almost killed my grandfather with a drug overdose. See, what happened was... My grandmother prepares his pills, cutting them in half, sorting them and whatnot, and places them into a prescription pill bottle she saved from one of his other meds. Well she manages to hand him the wrong bottle, instead of his regular pills he got a whole half month's dose of blood pressure meds. The kind that lower your blood pressure.

They called the doc, and the doc sent an ambulance to the house. Thing is, they were at work. My mother, in her PJ's, doesn't answer the front door because she just got up, and figures it's just someone selling something. The paramedics, now joined by firemen, jumped the fence, and decided to knock on the back door. Now they started hollering to check and see if the guy they were looking for had been hard of hearing. Mom hears the yells, runs up the stairs, and answers the back door. She told them that there wasn't anyone at home at the moment, and nobody with a drug overdose as far as she was aware.

She rings me up to make sure everything is okay. You might note now that I'm at work with my grandparents, and I have no idea there's anything wrong. I tell her that everyone here(at work) is okay. I tell my co-worker about it, then go back behind our driers to load stuff into our washers. I was back there a good ten minutes before I heard her shout "Chris! Come look! They're here now!". O_o

Sure enough, they were called to haul my grandfather away. He left on his own power though, so that wasn't too bad. They kept him overnight and I guess he's going to be just fine, if not a little sleepy.

Crazyness.

1 comment:

Shelle said...

WTF?! is he ok?

you borked your computer, didnja?